NEW Kenwood Special Offer:
Purchase a TS-480HX and receive a FREE pair of Kenwood KH-SR800 sports headphones.
For newly licenced amateurs ONLY (licence obtained after July 1st 2015).
All redemptions via Kenwood.
Tailor-made for DX'ing, the new TS-480HX HF transceiver raises the bar on portable performance. Despite its compact dimensions, it delivers an astonishing punch: 200W with a DC 13.8V supply. Yet its separate control panel is perfect for base station use. Sharing virtually all the same powerful features is the 100W TS-480SAT, except that it boasts a built-in antenna tuner. Whichever model you choose, you can be sure of enjoying the best of both worlds with first-rate communications at home and on the trail.
Accessories for this radio include : (click link to visit the page)
Power Supply PS-60
Voice Board VGS-1
See ATU model HERE
- 1.8 -52MHz (160m-10m Amateur Bands) Tx
- 0.5-30MHz, 50-54MHz (VFO:Continuous 30kHz-60MHz) Gen Coverage Receiver
- SSB, CW, AM, FM, FSK * HF: 200W SSB, CW, FM, FSK
- 50W AM
- 50MHz: FM 100W, AM 25W
- Requires two power supplies
- No internal ATU
- 2x SO-239 aerial sockets
- 16-bit DSP (digital signal processor)
- CTCSS, 38 sub tones
- Tone burst 1750Hz
- RS-232 computer control interface
- Built-in CW memory keyer
- Full & semi break-in
- Remote head
- Large, clear orange back-lit LCD
- PC bases control (software downloadable from Kenwood site)
- >2.0W audio (8 Ohms)
- 13.8V DC1, 13.8V DC2
- DC1 <20.5A, DC2 <20.5A
- Size: Main unit: 179 x 69 x 278mm, Control panel: 183 x 78 x 68mm
- Weight: Main unit 3.2kg, Control panel: 0.5kg