The Kenwood TS-590SG is in a class of its own. No other analogue design in this price bracket can compare. And it carries with it the Kenwood badge, for years regarded as a symbol of gtreat design and great performance. And with this model we should perhaps add, great value for money too. It is the radio we sell time and time again in our showroom and on the internet. So if you are looking for a radio in this price bracket, we can thoroughly recommend the TS-590SG.
Non Kenwood Accessories
Sound Card : SL-USB-8R
Control Software : Ham Radio Deluxe
Power Supply : Power-Max-45NF
Antenna Tuner : MFJ-939K
Be witness to the evolution of KENWOOD's pride and joy - the TS-590SG HF transceiver - pushing performance and technology to its utmost limit, with the receiver configured to capitalize on roofing filter performance and IF AGC controlled through advanced DSP technology. Enter the TS-590SG. A new generation of high performance transceiver, with the type of high level response to meet DX'ers needs.
The enhanced Kenwood TS-590SG improves on the already highly aclaimed TS-590S to provide affordable, high performance amateur operation on the HF and 6 meter bands. Thanks to a down-conversion receiver, narrow first roofing filter and dedicated first mixer, the TS-590SG has the best dynamic range in its class when handling unwanted adjacent off-frequency signals¹. Having the first roofing filter (6 kHz BW) directly after the mixer enhances the noise blanker’s ability to deal with adjacent off-frequency signals. The result is excellent receive performance, revealing signals that would be hidden to lesser rigs.
- TS-590SG Upgraded features, replaces the original TS-590S model
- Enhanced RX performance with superb 3rd-order Dynamic Range
- New On-screen CW decoder
- Extended Digital IF Filter selections
- "ANT Out" function like TS-990S
- TX/RX Equalizer DSP now settable per Mode
- Now up to 20 steps adjustment for TX Monitor and CW Side-tone
- Enhanced VGS-1 "Voice Guide" functions
- New Quick Split-frequency Operation function like TS-990S
- New Tri-Colour LCD Display (Amber, Green or Yellow)
- Extra (3rd) PF function via push-switch in the MULTI/CH knob
- De-luxe new VFO knob design
- An even higher performance receiver with superior adjacent dynamic range.Advanced AGC control through digital signal processing from the IF stage.
- Highly reliable TX outputs high-quality TX signal.
- New morse code decoder.
- Scroll display on 13-segment display unit.
- Characters shown in dedicated window on ARCP-590G.
- MULTI/CH knob (with push-switch) and RIT/XIT/CL key also configurable in addition to existing PF A and PF B programmable functions.
- New Split function (TS-990S-style) enabling quick configuration added in addition to existing Split setting.
- Transceiver equaliser configurable by mode.
- FIL A/B configurable independently with VFO A/B (convenient during Split operation).
- Front or rear PTT selectable for Data PTT.
- Switching from HI CUT/LO CUT to WIDTH/SHIFT possible for reception bandwidth changing in SSB mode.
|Maximum Output power||No|