NEW Kenwood Special Offer:
Purchase a TS-990S and receive a FREE pair Kenwood KH-KR900 headphones.
For newly licenced amateurs ONLY (licence obtained after July 1st 2015).
All redemptions via Kenwood.
Updated items : (Version 1.10 1.11) [April 20, 2016]
Revises the following symptoms
1. In a stored CW message with text entry, "%N" (contest number) may not be sent correctly under certain conditions
2. In a stored CW message with text entry, the leading space character is not recognized as an interval
Waters & Stanton have sold more Kenwood radios than any other UK dealer so far this year. the TS-990 is always in stock as are all the biggest top-end radios
The TS-990S heralds a new era in HF technology from Kenwood. Designed from the ground up, this new design incorporates features that are unique to ham radio. The new front panel is designed to make operating logical and the magnificent colour screen provides comprehensive details.
The receiver has been designed using advanced techniques that have recently become available and promises to be one of the most advanced designs ever offered to the ham radio market.
The new transmitter boasts 5 - 200 Watts of output power, providing 3dB of gain over normal rigs. Comprehensive EQ makes sure that your signal is both clean & effective.
Built into this radio is a dynamic power supply that means no external unit is required. All in the box.
- HF/50MHz Flagship Base Station.
- 200 watts output from 50V FET Push-pull PA stage.
- +40dBm Intercept Point RX.
- Main RX - Down Conversion on all bands.
270Hz/500Hz/2.7kHz/6kHz/15kHz Roofing Filters.
- Sub RX - Down Conversion on 15/20/40/80/160M bands (as TS-590S RX).
500Hz/2.7kHz Roofing Filters.
- 2 x TFT Colour Display screens.
- 3 x DSP Processors.
- Built-in RTTY/FSK/PSK/QPSK Decoder/Encoder.
- 4 x SO-239 Antenna sockets plus RCA jacks for RX-only antenna input and external RX out. "Antenna Name" display function for the 4 SO-239 ports.
10MHz Ref Clock I/O (BNC), External ATU port, Keyboard In, COM Port (Female 9-pin), Straight Key, Paddle/external Keyer, 2 x USB-A & 1 x USB-B ports, "ACC-2" Data/audio connector, "Remote" linear connector, analogue Meter Jack 3.5 mm, "DRV" low-level LF drive, Optical SP-DIF I/O, 2 x external speaker sockets, DVI-I Dual-link video port, LAN port
Take a look at how it's made