HF 160m - 10m Ham Band Transceiver
100W Output SSB CW FM (40W AM)
Wide Receive 150kHz - 30MHz
3 IF Filters
600 Memory Channels.
Here is an interesting new transceiver that embraces SDR technology and resukts in a budget class radio with surprisingly competivie performance and loved by those who have used it.
Very strong in the CW department, the DX-SR9 features an on board electronic keyer, and a narrow filter.
Features of DX-SR9
- Coverage of All short-wave and HF amateur bands
- Covers the 160m to 10m amateur bands including 5.3MHz in SSB, CW, AM ,FM and IQ output modes.
- Output power is 100W SSB/CW and FM, 40W in AM with low and super-low power settings for QRP operation.
- In addition, the general coverage receiver covers 135KHz to 30MHz in all modes. (The RX sensitivity and selectivity are not guaranteed out side of the ham bands.)
- Eliminates optional interface box for PC connection to operate data modes like PSK31. )
Detachable front control panel
- Completely detachable front control panel with large LCD display lets you install the radio with greater flexibility whether in your car, boat or your shack.
- (Optional EDS-17 cable required)
Direct DATA entry via the key pads
- While the main dial tunes at the default 10Hz/resolution (adjustable in set mode), the numerical key pads can be used for fast direct frequency input, and band selection
Fight QRM with these STANDARD features
- Reject unwanted signals with the IF shift. Choose a narrow filter(AM 2.4KHz/SSB 1KHz, CW 0.5KHz audio-filtering), a noise-blanker or use RIT/TXIT to stay out of QRM.
Emphasis on CW Operation
- An electronic keyer unit is standard. You can receive CW using either upper or lower side of the carrier frequency. Choice of side tone pitch, FULL (QSK), Semi or Auto break-in, split, narrow filter, AGC and RF gain.
World-class transmit audio quality
- A dynamic microphone (T/E models) and a speech compressor come standard for sharp, clear and powerful transmitting audio.
Enhanced scan modes
- A variety of scan modes are available including Priority, Search, Busy, Timed, Memory and Programmed search. Timed scan setting does not require squelch-mute so you are able to monitor data-modes and broadcasts simultaneously with memory search scan.
Additional convenient features include
- RF Attenuator and Pre-amplifier selectable in 4 steps,
- 3 TX power output levels with a Super-Low setting (QRP 0.1W~2W variable)
- Dual VFO / 600ch memories in 3 banks
- Connections for Auto-antenna tuner and Liner amplifier ALC output
- Fully independent AF level, squelch, RIT and IF shift knobs
- Dial lock and key lock
- TX-RX lamp
- Alphanumeric display
- CTCSS encode for 10m FM repeater accesses
- Microphone, Headphone and External speaker jacks on the front panel
- Large, temperature-controlled internal cooling fan with anti-overheat output power limiter
- High-SWR protection and more
- General coverage receiver 150kHz -30MHz
- All modes AM/FM/CW/LSB/USB and SDR
- Built-in electronic keyer for excellent CW performance
- Internal VOX eliminates optional interface box for PC connection
- Rugged, die-cast chassis and huge LCD display
- Front mounted speaker and powerful 2w audio output
- Front and rear jacks make PC interface easy
- Narrow ceramic filters (500Hz CW / 2.4kHz AM / 1kHz SSB)
- Audio filtering and optional mechanical filter insertion capabilities
- Dual VFO's, 3 banks/600 memory channels
- Various scanning mode features including programmed search
- IF shift, RIT, Noise blanker, 4 level pre-amp/attenuator
- Auto-power off, sleep timer, dial/key locks, indicator illumination
- Easy to use computer software to manage settings and edit memories etc.
- Operating Modes - J3E (LSB/USB), A3E (AM), A1A (CW), F3E (FM)
- Memory channels - 600 channels simplex
- Antenna impedance - 50 ohms unbalanced
- Frequency stability - +/- 1ppm
- Power requirement - 13.8v DC +/-15% (11.7-15.8v)
- Ground method - negative ground
- Current drain - Receive 1.0A (max) / Transmit 20A
- Operating temperature - -10C to 60C
- Dimensions - 240 x 94 x 255mm WHD (projections not included)
- Weight - approx 4.1kg
- Transmitter - power output SSB, CW. FM 100/10/1w (QRP) / AM 40/4/0.4w
- Modulation system - SSB(balanced modulation) AM(low power modulation)
- FM (reactance modulation)
- Spurious emissions - Less than -50db (less than -45db in 30m band)
- Carrier suppression - more than 40db
- Unwanted sideband - more than 50db (1kHz)
- Maximum FM deviation - +/- 2.5kHz
- Receiver type - double conversion superheterodyne
- Sensitivity - SSB (0.15 to 1.8MHz) - 0dBu (1uV)
- Sensitivity - CW (1.8 to 30MHz) - -12dBu(0.25uV)
- Sensitivity - AM (0.15-1.8MHz) +20dBu(10uV) / (1.8 to30MHz) +6dBu(0.5uV)
- Intermediate frequency - 1st 71.75MHz / 2nd 455kHz
- Selectivity - CW, SSB (narrow) 1kHz/-6dB 3kHz/-60dB
- Selectivity - SSB,AM (narrow) 2.4kHz/-6dB 4.5kHz/-60dB
- Selectivity - AM/FM 9kHz/-6dB 20kHz/-50dB
- Spurious and image rejection ratio - more than 70dB
- Audio output power - more than 2.0watts (8ohms, 10%THD)
- RIT variable range - +/- 1.2kHz
The Alinco DX-SR9 radio is supplied with EMS-64 Hand Microphone, Microphone Clip, DC power cable and printed owners manual.