Alpha SPID RAK
Heavy Duty Rotator
Rotating torque/speed: 1,400 in/lb. at 12v (120 sec) to 3240 in/lb. at 24v (60 sec).
Rotation of 720 degrees from stop to stop.
Quiet and powerful self-braking action with double worm drive reduction.
Steel housing and final worm drive - no soft pot metal or cast aluminum.
Uses inexpensive 4 conductor cable.
Sealed reed switch sensor technology for reliable all weather readout.
1 degree positioning accuracy - tight tolerances for minimal play.
Rated for large loads even when mounted outside the tower.
Designed for simple mounting to ~2" pipe mast - both ends.
Adaptors available to mate with other common rotator bolt patterns.
Coax can pass through center of rotator - prevents cable damage.
- Manual, Automatic, Scanning, and Programmable modes.
- Digital readout with 1 degree resolution.
- Large easy to read soft green LED display.
- Computer interface via included serial cable, including Hygain, Yaesu and Orion emulation modes.
- Low voltage DC operation from any 12 volt source (typically 2-5 amps).
- Ideal for camping, DX'peditions, VHF/UHF rovering.
- Can be zeroed at any position to allow for installation inaccuracy or antenna mount slippage.
- Generous overtravel (+/-180) with electronic limits.
- Programmable limits ideal for side mount applications.
- Small front panel to simplify stacking several units takes up less valuable space.
- Optional mouse control with 6 user programmable presets.
Can be incorporated with an Elevation rotator to provide full EL/AZ capability. If you need the best rotator for the biggest arrays, the RAK is for you!
Angle of turn: 360 + / -180 ¡
Time of turn: 90 sec.
Supply: 12V-18V DC
Weight: 8 kg
Input signal: pulses (0.66 ¡ or 1.00 ¡ per pulse)
Vertical pressure: 120 kg
Maximum net torque: 180 Nm
Requires 4 core cable
This is the USB version
note: there is a mouse shown in the picture - but it is an optionlal extra and probably not required