Fusion Dual Band Transceiver
The Yaesu FTM-400XDE is a duoband transceiver for 144/430 MHz with the new C4FM/FDMA digital mode.
- The V/D mode transmits voice and data in the same time slot. In this time slot in addition to the voice data, the GPS data and the ID data is sent together. The data includes the call data for error corrections and to stabilize the voice transmission. The V/D mode is the basic mode in C4FM/FDMA digital amateur radio.
- The data FR mode is for full rate data transmission. The transfer of large amounts of data such as text messages, pictures and voice notes in this mode is done at twice the speed compared to the V/D mode.
- The voice FR mode uses the full rate for voice transmission in high quality. Thus, the transmission does sound very clearly and natural.
- In addition to the digital mode, the FT-1DE can also use analog FM, this mode allows for normal FM operation.
So whats different between the FTM-400DE and the FTM-400XDE?
Yaesu introduced the FTM-400XDE in Autumn 2015 and one of the differences to the earlier available FTM-400DE is an improved GPS receiver with with 66 channels, which offers a shorter time to first fix (TTF). Furthermore the FTM-400XDE will be equipped with a small, easy to open cap on the top, allowing quick and easy firmware upgrades without opening the radio as before.
- 3,5 Zoll touch display.
- 500 memory channels for each band (A/B).
- Backup settings to SD card is possible.
- 1200/9600bps APRS.
- Automatic mode selection.
- Snapshot function (with MH-85A11U).
- Wide band receiver.
- Integrated GPS receiver.
- Smart navigation.
- DTMF, CTCSS, DCS.
- Slot for micro-SD.
- Analog/digital clock.
|Bands Covered||2m, 70cm|
|Maximum Output power||11W to 50W|