compact keypad for the Yaesu
The bhi Radio Mate compact keypad for the Yaesu FT-817, FT-857, FT-897 will enable you to enjoy your radio even more. It has 40 memories, 20 pre-programmed and 20 filled with random frequencies. There is a direct frequency function with a special nudge eature that allows you to fine tune the frequency on your radio directly from the keypad in the following steps:
+/- 10Hz, 100Hz, 1KHz, 10KHz, 100KHz and 1MHz.
The bhi Radio Mate compact keypad for the Yaesu FT-817, FT-857 and FT-897 is a robust, compact remote keypad that enables many of the common functions of these radios to be used more easily. Portable, mobile, and handicap operators will delight in the added ease of using their radios. The keyboard provides a number of fast and effective shortcuts including: easy band change; direct modulation mode selection; one-touch memory function (40 memory locations for frequency and mode; press to recall, press and hold to store); simple and intelligent direct frequency input, direct frequency nudge function that allows you to fine tune the frequency on your radio directly from the keypad in the following steps by pressing keys 1 - 6: +/- 10Hz, 100Hz, 1KHz, 10KHz, 100KHz and 1MHz; Swap VFO A/B, VFO A=B, and split VFO selection; and tune function enabling up to a 10 second carrier for tuning an antenna tuner. The Radio Mate requires no external power, and connects to the DIN-8 ACC socket/CAT interface of the radios. A LED indicates the present mode of the Radio Mate with red for the memory mode, green for the direct frequency entry mode, and yellow for the modulation mode. An “ON/OFF” power switch is located on the side of the unit, and the keypad dimensions are approximately 152 X 102 X 25 mm.
It is also suitable for people who find some of the controls on their radio difficult to use.The Radio Mate compact keypad enables the following shortcuts to be initiated:
- Quick easy band change at touch of a button (by using the onboard memories)
- Quick and easy modulation selection in any mode to any mode by a single selection
- Quick memory function (40 memories), press to recall, press and hold to store (Freq & mode)
- Quick and easy intelligent direct frequency input and frequency nudge function
- Swap VFO A/B using the (.) key
- VFO A=B using a long press of the (.) key
- Split VFO mode by pressing the Clr button
- Tune function enabling up to a 10 second carrier to tune an ATU
Also compatible with the bhi CAT-MATE Electronic "Y" splitter for the same radios.