The Whistler TRX-2 exemplifies Whistler's commitment to the scanner market by bringing new capabilities and transmission modes to its customers. This multi-system adaptive digital trunking scanner supports Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II and DMRmaking it capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems:
- Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)
- Hytera XPT
- MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
- MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
- MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems
Whistler has also announced that development of NXDN monitoring is underway and the TRX-1 and TRX-2 will include NXDN as a free upgrade when available.
The frequency coverage is: 25-54, 108-136.99, 137-174, 216-512, 764-781.99, 791-798.99, 806-960 (excluding former cellular phone bands) and 1240-1300 MHz.
Features of this radio include:
- Simple Zip Code programming
- Preloaded USA/Canada MicroSD card included.
- Easy updating via Internet
- APCO P25 Digital Phase I & II
- Removable, remotable magnetic head
- Scanning at up to 70 channels/second
- CTCSS and DCS subaudible decoder
- Dedicated SKYWARN®/Weather button
- IF Discriminator Out
- User upgradable CPU firmware
- Spectrum Sweeper
- Tuning Steps: 2.5, 3.125, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5 ad 25 kHz.
- Clock / Calendar
- Store Favorites Scan List
This radio includes AC adapter, antenna, MicroSD Card, mounting bracket, head bracket, DC power cable, USB cable, protective case, two inserts, User Guide and Quick Start Guide.