Discovery TX-500 DEPOSIT PAYMENT ONLY
Military Style Portable Transceiver HF+6m 10w PRICE £899.00
Lab599 Discovery TX-500 - first shipment DUE SEPTEMBER - a £100 deposit will reserve yours now!!
PRICE WILL BE £899.00
We are delighted to be appointed UK Distributors of this prestigious NEW Radio
- Splash proof & Dustproof Portable SDR
- 160-6-meter ham bands;
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 - 56.0MHz;
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM;
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP;
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal);
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 3A typical in transmit;
- High-contrast LCD with 256×128px;
- High-performance real-time Panadaptor (48 kHz wide);
- On-line firmware updates;
- Rear folding kickstands for viewing angle and transportation;
- Ultra-compact size (H×W×D): 90mm (3.5") × 207mm (8.1") × 21mm (0.8 ");
- Weight: 0.55Kg (19,4oz).
- Adjustable output power 1—10W
- Digital Hi-Performance Filtering (4 receive, 2 transmit)
- 48 kHz Build-in HI Speed Panadaptor
- I/Q Output
Tailored for adventure, for extremes, for using in places unattainable before, with no sacrifice of performance or features.
The transceiver features a built-in high-performance panadaptor, for better search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions — wherever you are, at any time.
Dust and liquid protection
Thanks to the liquid-protected housing and the absence of through-holes, spatter resistant plugs, valcoders with sealing rings, the transceiver will work reliably in extreme conditions, giving you real pleasure from traveling.
The case is also covered with a layer of black anodizing substance, to maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, even during extreme operation.
To achieve high sensitivity of the transceiver, separate functional units are isolated from mutual influence and external interference by partitioning walls installed in the device case.
11 discrete RF bandpass filters
Discovery TX-500 has 11 discrete RF bandpass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters — any out-of-range signals are rejected.
Aluminium alloy body
The transceiver's body is made of durable aluminium by the method of precision milling, to ensure a unique shock protection and provide good heat removal from the output part of the transmitter.
- CAT cable for on-line software update;
- Power cable for external power source DC 9 -15V
(battery not included);
- Headset and mic adapter with PTT (3.5mm jack);
- CW adapter (3.5mm jack);
- Additional connector GX12 type, 7 pins.
Noise Floor (MDS), 500 Hz DSP filter: –141 dBm
(14 MHz, Preamp-on);
- Blocking Gain Compression Dynamic Range, 500 Hz
BW: 129 dB (14 MHz, 2 kHz offset, Preamp-off);
- Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range: 14 MHz, 20/5/2 kHz,
offset: 119/108/106 dB;
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (software defined radio) applications;
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard;
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator;
- 3-band receive audio equalizer;
- 4 adjustable digital filters;
- Automatic notch filtering;
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking;
- Audio Output ext. speaker, 3W typ.
- Adjustable output, 1 to 10W PEP;
- Rugged, SWR and temperature-protected final amplifier stage;
- Carrier Suppression > 50dB typ.;
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 50dB below carrier;
- CW Sidetone/Transmit offset 400-1200Hz, adjustable;
- Speaker-microphone with PTT;
- 3-band microphone audio equalizer;
- 2 adjustable digital filters;
- DSP RF speech processing for excellent 'punch'.
- Internal CW keyer with 10-300СPM range;
- 100 general-purpose memories store VFOs, modes, etc.;
- CW keyer memory with 4 cells for 20 seconds each;
- Voice message memory with 2 cells for 20 seconds each;
- Computer control via USB;
- Full remote-control command set (with kenwood emulates);
- One-click online firmware upgrades (with free PC software).
* Specifications apply only within ham bands except as noted.
All measurements taken with 13.8 VDC supply