DISCOVERY PA-500 – £100 DEPOSIT PAYMENT ONLY
COMING SOON – 60W RF amplifier with tuner DEPOSIT PAYMENT ONLY
Coming soon, we are taking £100 deposits now to reserve yours.
Price will be £659.95
Ideal addition for QRP operation and digital emergency radio communication
- Auto ATU
- automatic band selection
- compatible to most Transceivers
- CAT/ACC Interface support
- tailored for adventures and extremes
- signature aluminium unibody
- robust outstanding quality
- covers most HAM SW Bands
- RF Power up to 60W
- integrated automatic tuner
- We really like the Discovery TX-500 Transceiver from Lab599. The PA500 is basically made for the TX-500 but it will work nicely with other radios as well. The thickness of the PA500 is just 30mm and allows you to operate from anywhere you like.
RF Low pass filters
- The PA500 has separate low pass filter banks for the specific band regions. RF Filters made with superior ferrite toroidal cores and precision high voltage glimmer capacitors. The harmonic distortion suppression are >43dB below the carrier signal depends on the selected frequency band.
Robust aluminium unibody design
- The PA500 body is made of CNC milled durable anodized aluminium, made for extreme operation, perfect for contest work on the go.
Integrated automatic antenna tuner
- The PA500 has an integrated automatic antenna tuner for most of the operating frequencies to tune a suitable antenna between the 80m and 10m band.
The PA500…it is made for HAMs by HAMs
- The PA500 linear RF amplifier with integrated tuner from DIY599 is created with love to precision. It is the perfect addition for QRP and emergency radio communication
- Up to 60W RF peak Power
- depends on the mode and operating frequency
- max. input drive level: 5W (10W tolerant for 10sec.)
- 80 – 10m HAM bands
- All modes: SSB, CW*, AM*, FM*, DIG*
- current drain up to 10A@13.8V
- Ultra-compact size (HWD): 30mm X 207mm X 90m (incl. heatsink)
- Weight: 0.9Kg
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 43dB below carrier
- ACC/CAT Interface support
- tuning impedance 25-250 Ohms (e.g.80m)
- 6×5 L-match type tuning network FCC certified
Below are the initial tests from a sample unit. These results show an excellent efficiency in respect of current drain.
- 0.5 watt input 13.8 volts=~10 watts @ 3.45A
- 1 watt input 13.8 volts=~20 watts @4.76A
- 2 watt input 13.8 volts=~40 watts 6.21A
- 3 watt input 13.8 volts=~48 watts 6.85A
- 4 watt input 13.8 volts=~53 watts 7.16A
- 5 watt input 13.8 volts=~60 watts 7.5A