HF Amplifier Modular Kit (Or Ready Built)
To have it built before shipping - Click BUILD FEE Here
WANT IT READY BUILT & TESTED?
The price shown is for the Modular, Solder-less Kit. For a Ready-Built and Tested version, pleas click on "Build Fee" above, and add this to your order. Please allow 3 - 5 working days for delivery of ready-built version.
This amplifier is in kit form and requires only simple hand tools to complete. No soldering needed. Build time around 8 - 10 hours.
This amplifier can be used with any modern HF transceiver. Just needs a PTT line from transceiver to amplifier. Amplifier PTT input is phono.
500+ Watts in a compact package the size of the K3. We are proud to introduce the KPA500: A 500-watt solid-state amp that integrates so well with your station, you’ll think it's reading your mind. Exactly the same size as the K3 transceiver, the KPA500 fills out our K3-P3-KPA500 'K-Line'. TheKPA500 features 160-6 m coverage, instant RF-based band switching with any radio, alphanumeric status display, bright LED bar graphs, and a rugged, internal linear supply. The amp’s manual band switches may be used to directly change bands on the K3. Also the K3 can even select per-band amplifier drive levels automatically when the amp is placed into operate mode, so you’ll rarely need to adjust power output. But the KPA500 is not just limited to use with the K3 – it is fully compatible with most radios. (Only amplifier keying (PTT) and RF are required for operation including instant RF frequency sensing, fully automatic band switching.
FEATURES * Built-in AC power supply. 115 / 230V switchable. All ready built UK models are set to 230V * Up to 600W output - typical drive level is 30W * Full and silent QSK at any CW speed. * Fully protected against high VSWR and over drive * Detailed LCD data screen * Auto Band Switching via RF sensing * Can be used with any transceiver
When used with the K3 transceiver an optional lead is available (KPAK3AUX) to provided hard switched band changing. It is also possible to configure the K3 so that when the KPA500 is in the operate mode, the drive level of the K3 is throttled back to an appropriate level automatically. This parameter can be set on a band to band basis.
- 500W, Compact, Solid State FET amplifier for 160-6 m
- Works and auto band selects with any radio that provides Key-Out and RF signals.
- Exactly the same size as the K3S
- 26 lbs, 12 kg
- Internal low noise linear power supply: 100-120, 200-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz operation
- Instant-on operation
- Rugged, conservative design with smart soft and hard fault detection
- Intelligently reduces power by 2.5 dB temporarily when presented with input overdrive or a high SWR, allowing you to quickly reduce your drive to compensate without dropping the amplifier off-line. The amp automatically recovers to full power once the soft fault condition is corrected.
- Excessive overdrive or SWR events instantly place the amp safely into protective stand-by
- Works with any radio that supplies PTT to Ground
- Ultra high speed QSK. Silent, diode switched T/R
- Super fast RF sensing band selection. Only PTT and RF required for fully automatic band changing operation.
- Can receive band data information from most radios that supply it
- Fully remote controllable
- Six speed temperature sensing fan
- Advanced integration with the K3S using the optional KPAK3AUX cable:
- KPA500 band buttons drive the K3S band and drive level
- Band data is sent from K3S to KPA500 before TX
- PTT included in cable, external PTT cable not required