Microphone Adapter Cable.
Superior-quality Heil Sound Microphone Adapter Cables are used to interface your Heil microphone to your favorite transceiver. These cables are available for all Heil microphones. Most cables feature the 4-pin XLR connectors that support a built-in PTT switch, including Classic, Goldline, GM, Genisis, Handi-Mic, HM-12, and HM-10 microphones. Those cables that include "XLR" in the part number feature the 3-pin XLR connector used with the PRO Series microphones, which require the use of an outboard PTT or foot switch, such as the PR-20, PR-28, PR-40, and PR-781.
Features and benefits of Heil adapter cables compared to others:
- 100 percent silver-braid shield... keeps noise OUT
- PTT control lines are OUTSIDE the shield... eliminates stray coupling
- Made using commercial-audio grade 'Heilwire'... strong and supple
- 18-gauge wire; not 22 or 24 like others... lower cable resistance
- Commercial-grade microphone connectors (patent pending)... lasting durability
- Heil dual-exit cable clamps are heavier than normal connectors... robust reliability
- Outstanding engineering... lowest-noise transmit audio
The XLR connector's quick-disconnect feature lets you easily move your Heil microphone from transceiver cable to transceiver cable, at the microphone end, without having to rewire a boom or remove any connectors from the transceivers. Additionally, all Heil audio cables are wired through to support VOX operation.
Heil Sound Microphone Adapter Cables are available in round 4-pin and 8-pin versions, and also with modular-style connectors. Don't attach a high-quality microphone to cheap cable!
See below for Heil selection guide: