Radio Works CW-COMPACT-80
Comact 80-6m wire antenna
RadioWorks Carolina Compact 80, 80-6m inc WARC bands 69 feet long (21.1m)1500W cw/ssb
- Freq. coverage: 80 - 6 meters
- Gain: As much as 10 dBd*
- Radiator length: Horiz. = 69' + Vertical = 22'
- Foldback element 15' drop
- Polarization: Both vertical and horizontal components
- Feed line: 50 ohm Coaxial cable
- Tuner needed: Yes
- Power Rating: 1500 Watts ** (See bottom of listing)
- Recommended Height: > 35' - Usable at 30'
- Radials? Not required
- Outstanding on all bands covered
- Great WARC band performance
- An antenna that does it all
- Easily beats G5RV, dipoles, trap antennas
- Special Matching Transformer
- Enhanced, low angle, Vertical Radiator
- High efficiency - no ground losses Ground independent - radials not needed.
The secret is the inverted VERTICAL RADIATOR
Matching Unit enhances vertical radiation
Automatic tuners in most current rigs will tune this antenna.
Chosen by 'Big Gun' DX'ers and DX'peditions.
* Based on user reports, field evaluations, and product reviews. Gain is due primarily to the low angle radiation pattern.
** 80 - 10 meters: 1500 watts CW/SSB duty-cycles.
6 m: 200 watts CW/SSB duty-cycles.
This antenna is not rated for AM, RTTY and other high duty-cycle modes.